Amber Reflections offers beautiful views over the Thesen Island channels from the privacy of cosy luxury. A double garage for smaller vehicles, plus off-street and safe, on-street parking offer generous parking space. A flatlet, which may be rented separately or along with the main house, boasts its own parking alongside the garage below.
The bright and airy formal dining area leads into the fully kitted kitchen which sports functional and attractive finishes. While the washing machine and tumble dryer are housed in the garage, a scullery off the kitchen opens into a courtyard with a clothesline. The open plan kitchen, family dining area and lounge enjoy views over the waterways while a freestanding fireplace warms the double volume dining and lounge area during the colder months. The lounge opens onto a spacious, covered, wooden deck with ample seating for al fresco dinners and sundowner cocktails during summer. A built in braai, along with a Weber kettle braai, cater to outdoor cooking, while the private jetty allows the docking of boats at the house and offers the use of three canoes. A swimming pool on the northern side of the house provides a private space for sunbathing, relaxation and fun.
Three bedrooms downstairs comfortably sleep six guests. The main bedroom with a queen bed and an en suite bathroom with bidet, water closet, basin and shower offers privacy behind the lounge area, while a room with twin beds and another with a queen bed both overlook the pool deck on the opposite side of the house. These two rooms each boast an en suite bathroom with water closet, basin and shower, and all three bathrooms feature heated towel rails. The twin room opens onto the pool deck, while the queen bedroom opens onto the deck overlooking the waterways.
An easy staircase from the lounge leads to a comfortable, mezzanine TV room offering full DSTV and a DVD player.
The separate flatlet above the garage accommodates a maximum of two adults and two small children. With a kitchenette, water closet and shower, the flatlet offers a comfortable queen-sized bed and a lounge area with a sleeper couch and TV with DSTV. While an outside staircase offers a separate entry to the flatlet, it may be rented separately, or along with the main house.
With ample storage space and fully serviced Monday through Saturday (excluding public holidays), Amber Reflections will quickly become your home away from home as you enjoy the comfortable luxury of the house and the unique, laid back Thesen Island lifestyle.
Amber Reflections at E13 comfortably sleeps six guests, with up to two visitors per bedroom.
Bedroom One (main en suite)
Offering luxurious privacy, the main en suite with a queen-sized bed is a haven of comfortable relaxation. A ceiling fan ensures a cool waft of air on warm, summer evenings, while the en suite bathroom offers a bidet, toilet, basin, shower and heated towel rails.
Bedroom Two (twin room)
Two twin beds make this an ideal room for kids, but the beds may be pushed together to form another queen-sized bed. Built in cupboards ensure that all the kids' treasures will be safely stored during your visit and an en suite bathroom with toilet, basin, shower and heated towel rails caters to their needs. This room opens onto the pool deck.
Bedroom Three (double room)
With a comfortable queen-sized bed, this room overlooks the pool area to one side and opens onto the main deck, overlooking the waterways to another. The en suite bathroom offers a toilet, basin, shower and heated towel rails.
Rates - 2016
|From R1 750.00 to R7 200.00 per night|
|All bedrooms sleep two people max.|
|Easter Holidays: 24 - 31 March 2016
Knysna Pink Loerie Festival: 28 April - 02 May 2016
Knysna Oyster Festival: 01 - 10 July 2016
Christmas Season: 1 Dec 2016 - 17 Jan 2017
|Minimum stay of 5 nights
Minimum stay of 3 nights
Minimum stay of 5 nights
Minimum stay of 7 nights
- Check-in is from 2pm
- Check-out is by 10am
- These rates include a basic cleaning service Monday to Saturday (Excluding Public Holidays)
- WIFI is available in the house through a third party for the guests own account
Our Cancellation Policy:
- Cancel on arrival or during the stay - the full payment due may be levied.
- In the event of premature departure we may charge for full extent of stay, which was booked and confirmed.
- Cancel 0 - 14 days before date of arrival, no show - full deposit paid is forfeited.
- Cancel 15 - 28 days before date of arrival - 75% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater) is forfeited.
- Cancel 28 + days before date of arrival - 50% of deposit paid or 25% of full quote value (whichever greater) is forfeited.
- On receipt of a written instruction to cancel the reservation, including bank details, Knysna Luxury Accommodation will refund the applicable amount, within 5 working days.
- Knysna Luxury Accommodation levies a 5% administration fee on any refunds processed. Should refunds to a SWIFT bank account be required, an additional R185 charge will be levied.